More efficient infrastructure available to everyone
The telecommunications sector in Mexico is booming. Specialists expect a sustained growth following the new legal framework of the industry, which contributes to increase competitiveness in the sector benefiting Mexican consumers.
In this context, Red Compartida has formed a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) with international interests promoted by the Federal Government and supported by the main political forces in the country. The PPP was signed between ALTÁN Redes and the Organismo Promotor de Inversiones en Telecomunicaciones (Promtel – telecommunications investment promotion agency.)
Mexico will be the first to take telecommunication trends to the next level. The country will have a world-class network operator that will provide a National wholesale broadband network so existing retail networks operator (fixed, cellular and virtual services), and those created thanks to the new dynamic environment, can offer better services to final consumers.
Red Compartida’s Benefits for the Population:
- Coverage in zones that currently do not have signal: Red Compartida will enable an offering of broadband services in zones that currently do not have services or have just one option.
- Improvements for a better quality telecommunications service: Current and future carriers will have better coverage and capacity for better and more service supplies to the population.
- Prices lower than the current ones: Red Compartida will contribute to lower mobile services prices for the next years.
- Increase in productivity and competitiveness: A more dynamic telecommunications sector promotes more national and foreign investment, and will strength the economy’s productivity and competitiveness.
- Encouragement of innovative digital servicing: Red Compartida will enable to create and provide access to technology and apps that the population will benefit from in order to generate entrepreneurship projects, new productive technics and new ways to create and deliver trade.
Transforming the telecommunications sector
Telecommunications in Mexico will not be the same after Red Compartida
- The country will have a modern and in accordance with international standards system that will benefit all its citizens and businesses.
- Competition between companies will create more employment, a productivity raise, an increase in national economy, as well as a better environment for SMEs.
Why ALTÁN Redes?
We presented the bid offer that exposed added values for the deployment of Red Compartida:
- Proved experience in the telecommunications industry and in highly competitive markets
- Discipline, commitment and responsibility
- Long-term approach, intention of settling and vocation with transparency
Besides the experience in developing and operating similar projects, ALTÁN Redes has top level International and local partners, also experienced in the telecommunications sector, and committed with long-term success.
From the very beginning, ALTÁN Redes presented the required financial resources to develop Red Compartida, exceeding the mandatories required by the tender process.
Such resources include shareholders’ capital of investment and the various International and domestic financings committed.