More efficent infrastructure at the service of all
The telecommunications sector in Mexico is booming. Specialists expect a sustained growth following the new legal framework of the industry, which contributes to the sectorial competitiveness increasing and benefiting Mexican consumers.
In this context, Red Compartida has formed, a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) with international interests promoted by the Federal Government and supported by the main political force in the country. The project is coordinated by Ministry of Communications and Transportation and Federal Institute of Telecommunications.
Mexico will be the first country that takes telecommunications trends to a next level. The country will support a world-class operator that will sport a world-class operator that will provide a national transmitions network wholesaler which will create a dynamic environment for new and existent retailers (landline and mobile telephony) that would offer better service to final consumers.
- The coverage will reach at least 92.2% of the Mexican population.
- In addition, it will provide a 700 MHz broadband with 4G-LTE technology, integrated to a IP Protocol and prepared for 5G.
- $7 billion USD of investment for the next 10 years (according to SCT).
- The grant will last initially for 20 years with the possibility of renewal for the same time period.
- Coverage in zones that currently do not have signal: Red Compartida will enable an offering of broadband services in zones that currently do not have services or have just one option.
- Improvements for a better quality telecommunications service: Current and future carriers will have better coverage and capacity for better and more service supplies to the population.
- Prices lower than the current ones: Red Compartida will contribute to lower mobile services prices for the next years.
- Increase in productivity and competitiveness: A more dynamic telecommunications sector promotes more national and foreign investment, and will strength the economy’s productivity and competitiveness.
- Encouragement of innovative digital servicing: Red Compartida will enable to create and provide access to technology and apps that the population will benefit from in order to generate entrepreneurship projects, new productive technics and new ways to create and deliver trade.
Transforming the telecommunications sector
The telecommunications in Mexico will not be the same after Red Compartida
- The country will have a leading and competent system with international standards that will benefit all citizens and businesses.
- Competition between telephonic service companies will create more employment, a productivity raise, an increase in national economy, as well as a better environment for SMEs.
Why ALTÁN Redes?
We presented an approved bid with added value for the development of Red Compartida:
- Experience in telecommunications industry in a very competitive market
- Exigency, commitment and responsibility
- Financial and management capacity
- Long term focus, vocation of performance and transparency
Besides the group’s experience in development and operations of similar projects, ALTÁN Redes has the most qualified local and international partners, with experience in the telecommunications sector, as well as a comitment to long-term success.
From the very beginning, ALTÁN Redes presented the necessary resources to develop Red Compartida, exceeding the needed percentage that the competition required.
Such resources include sharholders’ investments and the different international and local financing promised by different entities.